Tuesday 21 May 2013

Mufasa.

"Remember who you are."

I learnt two things today:
One is that whenever your parents (this really only applies to the mother) argue or lecture you, it is your obligation to shut the fuck up and nod politely. I was taught this by my older brother who has seemed to have done this his entire life, something I really admire because it takes so much willpower to stay wrong even if you think you're in the right. There are ways around it though. I was having dinner with my mum at her house and as we finished up mumsies asked me to clean the dishes, I had no problem with that but it dawned on me that she never asked Dante to do it so I did what any brother would do, I dobbed on him, she did not give a fuck. I asked Dante why she doesn't tell him to do shit and he replied with "you know, there was a time when I was a bitch like you. Mum had me clean the dishes years ago but I learnt that if you do a really shitty job at it, she'll never ask anything of you again." which fucking blew my mind, at that moment, it felt like the world shifted because I commanded it to but then he added "that was only because I knew you were gonna grow up to be her bitch though, don't get any ideas, mate. It'd take a miracle for Andy to even move let alone clean the dishes." and it was at that moment that I realized that the world only shifted because Dante commanded it to. The second thing I learnt is that whenever a frozen burger tells you to microwave it for 2 minutes, you should always put it in the fucker for 2 and a half. Da cheeze be all hard and stuff.

1 comment: