Friday 21 June 2013

Elaine.

"Ayo gurl, you purdy."

Time flew by faster than a clock out the window, bro.
Elaine is a woman that volunteers at St. Vinnie's. She is probably one of the most hard working people I've ever seen, she manages and makes all the major decisions without being paid a penny and yet she comes almost everyday with such enthusiasm  it's almost abnormal. She rarely gets praised for her incredible effort and it's a shame that there are still people who complain that there's someone to crack the whip and keep us busy. She was told to have 2 weeks off to look after her children so since it was Friday, she fully yolo'ed and just told people (the volunteers) to go home, yanked shit off the shelves as if they were tissue paper, ran outside and screamed "EVERYTHING IN THE SHOP IS %50 OFF!" I've never seen old people look more psyched. It was like girls who would push and shove people off the railing to get their hands on some cheap goods only they were like, 50 years older. I got over powered by a 70 year old lady, not exactly my proudest moment but hey, it was never a disadvantage to have energy.

As soon as the special was declared, I went to texting :L promoted that place as much as I could and surprisingly got some results. I told everyone I thought would be interested (Had some old numbers so I don't think half of them got out to the people I wanted to know) and Hoa, Kiet, Myvy, Myvy's little brother (didn't even know she had one, unless it was like, her son or some shit) Hoc and Augustian showed up. Hope they weren't too disappointed with their purchases :L can't really complain though, everything was like 2.5 cents. (dat exaggeration) 

No comments:

Post a Comment