Saturday 9 November 2013

Crave you.

"Creating a life that reflects your values and satisfies your soul is a rare achievement. In a culture that relentlessly promotes avarice and excess as the good life, a person happy doing his own work is usually an eccentric, if not a subversive. Ambition is only understood if it's to rise to the top of some imaginary ladder of success. Someone who takes an undemanding job just because it affords him the time to pursue other interests and activities is considered a flake. A person who abandons a career in order to stay home an raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential. As if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth. You'll be told in a hundred ways, some subtle and some not, to keep climbing, and never be satisfied with where you are, who you are and what you're doing. There are a million ways to sell yourself out and I guarantee you'll hear about them. To invent your own meaning is not easy but it's still allowed, and I think you'll be happier for the trouble."
- Bill Watterson

That's a long as fuck quote, man.

day 9 of 30: I hoping to at least get to day 10, there's just no way I can make it to the end of the month despite all that shit I said about "my will-power is my strongest point" because now I know my will-power doesn't amount to shit and I'm totally okay with that.

Found a Nintendo Wii in my room (Don't worry, I'm just as confused as you) and hooked it up to my telly, you could imagine my excitement, finding a console I forgot existed in my room in working order. Looked around the house and found the cords and controller along with a Zelda game and that pretty much settled it, I was not going to leave my room for a very, very long time but my excitement crumbled into massive unicorn wang when I realized I didn't have any batteries for the wiimote, fuck me, right ? 

Went out with some friends from Forest Lake to a Korean barbecue joint called "Seoul" in Sunnybank right next to Fusion 360 and even though it wasn't bad, I'd take a steak over cooking your own food any day. 

Hmm, what else happened ?

Oh yeah, I got my P's, totally shat all over that test.

Crave You (Adventure Club Remix) - Flight Facilities

3 comments: