Thursday 24 April 2014

Asshole.

"You have strange views on life, Kevy."
- Tony. I need to ask this dude's last name sometime.

Never in a million years could I predict what happened today. It was a wonderful morning, an early start, must've been around 5:30 am when I headed out for some coffee before I headed to work. I saw the twilight dwindle through the trails of trickled rain water which formed where it pleased the night before. The sun was present but it felt as cold as the night, my heart and soul were warm but my nipples were hard. I took all this in until I arrived at the warehouse, what I heard next was as unexpected as the Spanish Inquisition. "You're going to New South Wales, bro." to which I responded with "wot." it was a very defined "wot" too, as if all of my wot went into that wot and I'm pretty sure it did since I don't think I asked another question all day, mainly due to the fear that I'd get stationed even further when I give the chance.

Felt tired all day, more so than usual, I did my usual 10 or so hours but I don't think I've felt so spent so early before. I think it's just because I knew that I was in a different city just a few hours ago so having that on my mind all day didn't help but saying that, that didn't stop me from smashing the gym again. I feel like I'm pretty much forcing myself at this point. There's something about walking into the gym that makes all that previous fatigue just vanish, might be the atmosphere, it's always nice to be in an environment where everyone is aiming the same direction as everyone else. It's like a game, everyone is in different parts of the story, some play on hard and others on casual but we feel like we're all gonna make it and it's gonna be mad. Bumped into Vi and had a small exchange of acknowledgement and then we went about our routines.

I got invited to dinner at one of my boss' homes with his family. Apparently, there're stories being told about me everywhere and so everyone wants to meet this strange, little being that is Kevin Le. I felt bad turning him down, his daughter seems to have taken a liking to those stories, whether those stories are true or not is something I'll never know, I never get told what shit gets thrown about about me but that kind of stuff never bothered me so I don't make it an effort to understand. I think I might have offended him and that left me in the dark a little, I don't regret it though. I come to work to work, not make friends, there's too many things I need to take care of before I get to bask in personal luxury. I've been too carefree for too long and there's quite a bit that has piled up. I think I still am carefree, it's just gonna take a real long time and I'm prepared for that.

Asshole - Denis Leary


No comments:

Post a Comment