Tuesday 1 April 2014

Mastodon.

"Ask anyone else, mate, they'll all tell you the same thing."
- Yoshi.

Things were going pretty good. Today was my first day being with Yoshi and we were making good time, really good time, that is until I rolled a mattress up the stairs which took out an old lady's motion sensor light. I felt terrible, aye, even if it was placed in a stupid location, breaking something and then leaving isn't something I'm fond with, especially since it belongs to an elderly lady. I reassured her that I will come back later in the afternoon to do what I can and see where it leads from there. I got into trouble for making those arrangements with a customer but how can people just break someone's shit and then leave without a thought but with a clear conscience? "It's her problem now" "It shouldn't have been there" "don't worry about it" that's the kind of bullshit you would hear from a child, I have no idea how they can just stop being human at their convenience like that. I finished work for the day, bought some tape and some adhesives and then returned to fix that light and it seems to work since I have yet to get a phone call from her and that was all it took.

I think it's ideal to go with your gut feeling, even if you'll get into a lot of shit for it, you're better off, man. There's no point in trying to change something about yourself when you don't want to. A job is a job but that doesn't mean you can just neglect your morals and be about your day as if you didn't break another person's shit when you clearly did. All this means is that I have to be extra cautious so that I can please the boss and at the same time, not feel like a total prick. I'm glad to have this experience on a light bulb rather than something like a fridge, I'd be out on a paycheck for months if that were the case.

Kiet came by to collect money for Hoc's birthday present for a party being held at Kiet's on Sunday. I haven't seen Kiet in a while and in that short while, that nigga got noticeably bigger, even Dante noticed. To be honest, I'm a little intimidated which isn't something you think about when you think about Kiet but we're all changing, little by little and there's the proof all around us. 2dn is breaking apart and as tragic as it is, I found it a little humorous, I don't know but why I always knew it would in the back of my head somewhere, it happening now seems ironic to me. Shit happens, I suppose. Hope they make up somewhere along the road.

Mastodon (Louis The Child Remix) - Milk N Cookies & Alina Renae

No comments:

Post a Comment