Friday 11 April 2014

Starting over.

"You brought your own music? that's pretty smart, this truck doesn't have radio and I don't talk much anyway."
- Pete.

Not many reliable people work where I work. The business is slowly expanding but people aren't turning up and now they're relying on casual workers to the point where they're basically working full time, I'm not complaining but it's a little odd, unfair even, not to me but to the people who've already contracted themselves to the company but hey, because of this, I made a new acquaintance!

Little Brad and Pete are the two people who usually do the Browns Plains runs so I'd rarely ever see them let alone work with them but something happened to Little Brad and the boss has put me in as his replacement which means I'm going to have to scope out Pete's personality to see if he's cool with me farting around him which is basically the epitome of comfortable relationships. I'm cool with farting around pretty much anyone, the only reason why I need to scope out Pete is because he's more than twice my age. The dude is 50 so I don't know if my farting will cause some sort of war-orientated reflex where he'll put me in an arm lock and snap my elbow as he whispers "your hair smells different when you're awake" or some shit, better safe than sorry, man. Pete is pretty cool though, he's fucking fit for his age, I'll give him that, I don't think he's quite accepted the fact that he's 50, either that, or he's just a very, very productive person, I get that kinda vibe from him.

Lost 15 bucks today to mumsies', asians go ham when it comes to gambling, man. I can see why Dadsies' got into all that debt and ran away leaving all the piles of bullshit to Dante and me, I don't condone it but I can see why it happens. It's probably to do with the fact that gambling is illegal at Vietnam, releasing all that pent up gambling urges here must've felt relieving for these people, still, it doesn't change the fact that I lost money to my own mother, she had a big ass smile on her face as she did it, too, it was like taking candy from a baby to her cause I cried like one. She didn't even offer any of it back, it was like "alright, you can go home now" ah, one of the things I love about her, it's also one of the things I looked over and took for granted when I was younger.

Starting Over - Code Black & Atmozfears

No comments:

Post a Comment