Wednesday 25 December 2013

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence.

"I NEED TO SHIT!"
- Izzy

Ramen was our idea of a fantastic Christmas morning breakfast, even if everyone looked like they had just performed heart surgery in a moving ambulance during an earthquake. Everyone was talking about the events that occurred the night before, catching up on some good laughs while embossing the experience into their minds, not everyone could stay until the end, some had left while others pressed on, it was a little sad, for me at least.

I was the last to be dropped off and the moment I touched the sidewalk with my feet, it was just another day, man. Waved bye to Leon then walked into the house where Andy was sitting where he always sits, my room was just the way I left it and Dante and Izzy were there to greet me with a noise rather than actual words. I had completely forgotten it was Christmas, that is, until I took a shit and thought about what had happened today. 

Today was Christmas and yet there were so many people who would spend their day at someone's house rather than with family. I'm not saying it's irresponsible or anything, if anything, it's actually quite amazing. You wouldn't go there any other time if you lived far away but on Christmas, you wouldn't think twice. I don't know, I find that weird.

If you're reading this, Teddy; give me back my pink singlet.

Merry Christmas.



Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - Ryuichi Sakamoto

2 comments: