Thursday 30 January 2014

Viva la vida

"Now what ?"
- Cindy Nguyen, after going to Westend only to find out the Sushi buffet was closed for the day.


Morning run to, around and from the lake with a jumper this time because fuck the sun in the facehole and then I took a nap and what a nap it was. There's nothing quite like laying in your recently redesigned room with faint noise playing in the background, the room was dark but breezy at 2pm and was practically begging me to take a nap in it so how could I resist? how could anyone resist an offer like that? 

Drove to Westend with the intentions of drowning myself in a so called "Sushi buffet" that was brought to my attention by Jeremy. It doesn't sound realistic, does it? a sushi buffet? sounds way too good to be true, you're basically putting two words everyone wants to hear but never thought of before because their afraid of being struck down by God for being a spoiled little faggot but sure enough, it was true, there is indeed a joint where you can eat all the sushi you want for $20. I had always thought sushi to be a delicacy and I suppose it is, maybe high school just heightened my standards of what sushi was like, what with their $2.50 for a mediocre roll of dry, unappealing... thing, goddamn Corinda.

You can imagine my disappointment, I reckon if you tried hard enough, you could feel it, smell it and even feel violated by it. One of the very few times I choose to leave the house, this shit happens. You'd think people would be used to it by now but when food is involved, you're always gonna have a bad time, no matter what the setback. Cindy suggested top hot pot, a place in Sunnybank next to the billiards joint and me, being in my shocked/depressed state, went along for the hell of it. I'm not a hotpot guy but it wasn't bad however, even if I were to suddenly gain the ability to see through female clothing, the depression and disappointment will never take it's leave. I'm the kinda guy who would expect a certain thing when that certain thing is intended or promised and be a real asshole when that thing doesn't happen, I thought that kinda behavior was normal, I thought everyone was like this but clearly not, probably why I like staying at home so much.

Viva La Vida - Coldplay


No comments:

Post a Comment