Monday 12 May 2014

Iris.

"$400 ?! I know people who would do that and suck your dick for a pack of smokes."
- Teddy, Dante's friend, whom we decided to spend the morning with.

I had every intention of sleeping in and then waking up contemplating my existence as I make noodles naked but Dante had other plans. He woke me up early morning (by "early" I'm talking like, anytime before 12) and asked me if I was keen for japanese food and even though I was barely conscious, I said yes and by the time I was aware of the shit that was happening around me, I woke up in Salli in the Sunnybank parking lot. Dante had set time aside to catch up with an old mate from training that goes by the name of Teddy. Apparently Dante's meeting Teddy Tolentino a few months back, had made him think of the Teddy he knows. We dined at where Kadoya used to be and then bought some more food to eat at the bakery that opened up recently and then went to get more food at that frozen yogurt place that Mande works at, she wasn't there though, shame that. We then topped off breakfast with Sakuraya, thinking back now, that was a lot of food. This Teddy reminds me of a friend I used to work with, he looks the same and even has the same sense of humor, I wonder how Ghilay has been these days, I would catch up with him but judging from his Facebook, I'd say he has more than enough shit on his plate.

I was pretty amazed at how Dante caught up with his friends, even more amazed at the fact that he asked me to come along. He's changed a lot over the past couple of years. I'd get snippets of his thoughts about that period but never really held a conversation about it. We're around each other a lot but we don't talk about those kind of things simply because it's unpleasant, we will if we have to but no one would needlessly want to be reminded of a time when things just weren't working out. I could honestly say that when I was in primary school and early high school, my relationship with Dante was non-existent. Remembering it now, it was like he was never there and when he was, I wished he wasn't. I don't know why he's so easy to get along with now but at the same time, I don't want to question it, and I think that's how it should be. Who knows; there might've been a reason, there might've not been a reason, I'll find out one day and when I do, nothing is going to change. I like it that way. I like it this way.

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls



No comments:

Post a Comment