Thursday 29 May 2014

Tell me.

"We're running a little late but lets keep it at our usual pace, rushing is the start of all mistakes."
- Big Brad, that was probably the most inspirational thing he's ever said to me.

Did today's Gold Coast run with Big Brad today, it's been ages since I've last worked with that dude, I think the Steve has been grouping me with the more inexperienced people in hopes that I might show them a thing a two but unfortunately for him, I know fuck all and I thought I've made that clear enough but apparently not, I am a mentor to those who are unfamiliar with our line of work but little do the pupils know, that I too, need mentoring. Sleeping in the truck is something I do often and I challenged myself to stay awake for the entire day and just barely managed to do that, it doesn't help when your partner for the day isn't much of a talker so the cabin with filled with god-awful noises which would be my singing, Brad didn't seem to mind though, not that I know, I was too busy belting out all these songs that would even make Jesus cry.

It hasn't entirely registered that I'm turning 20 this year. I was in the truck when I noticed a pretty school girl, and I looked at her like any other guy would (I imagine) and Brad caught me. "That's so wrong" he remarked, I thought nothing of it until like, 30 minutes later. I still don't think it's wrong but I suppose it must be if that's the reaction I'm going to get from now on. Holy shit, I'm 20, I guess it's not the fact that I'm just a few years older than she was but the fact that she was under-aged that made it so offensive. I'm not under 18 anymore but I feel like I left the womb like, 20 minutes ago. So much shit happens so fast, regardless on how well I shield myself from them. I'm 20, man, that's insane. I can't even check out high school girls anymore, I used to do that as often as I took breathe but doing that shit now could lead me to jail, it's insane when you think about it like that. 

Tell Me - Lost Frequencies & Chesqua

No comments:

Post a Comment