Friday 27 June 2014

Midnight.

"I glad I got you today, Kevie. These new guys are fucken hopeless."
- Big Brad.

I never get to work with the new guys, simply because I'm only trained as an offsider and drive very, very rarely so the only people I really get to work with are drivers, people who are actually paid to drive and that excludes all the people who have started recently. The workers who have been with the company for quite some time like to exaggerate things. They would say things that don't sound true and when I go to find out, it's nothing like they say. It's pretty harsh, you know, the things they say to another behind eachother's backs, makes me wonder if there's some nasty stuff about me floating about. Families don't do this, nothing we represent can ever be called a family, the very idea of that disturbs me but shit, man, these are the people that are helping me get my real family up and running again. I hate it when there's a loophole is my list of morals. I guess what it all boils down to is that I don't like people who say one thing and then do another but I have to when I work. There's inner confrontation in that 10 minute period where I finish work for the day. "I can't believe I just let that happen." and then I reason it with "nigga, you were working. Fuck everything else and get the thingy done" and it goes back and forth until I do something that kinda makes all those thoughts go away, things like eating, napping, talking, driving, pretty much anything else that stops me from being alone with my thoughts. I got really side-tracked on this paragraph :L I don't even know why I come across as someone who's so concerned to be honest. Nothing's perfect, except me. I'm da bes.

I got asked to work up at the coast. Apparently, they saw me do what an offsider is supposed to do and I guess they're suffering from a lack of common sense up at the coast and now they're doing everything they can to get me to leave my current job and get me to work as a warehouse manager for Harvey Norman. Talk about climbing the community ladder but I've yet to be sick of this place so I might have to put that on hold. I don't know if they were even being serious but it sure sounded like it. It's always nice to have some sort of a backup plan when things go to shit, it's a shame that those aren't the first things I think about when I wake up every morning.

Midnight (Kygo Remix) - Coldplay

No comments:

Post a Comment