Sunday 13 July 2014

Nothin on my mind.

"Eenie, menie, miney, moe. Kingsley, aye?"
- Kevin Le, early morning.

When I started this "weekly bum" thing, I thought it wasn't going to last long because there are a very limited amount of people who I can willingly chill with but then I realized it doesn't have to be that way. There actually were quite a bit of people who I were on good terms with and if I could easily keep this up for a year or two. It's a shame that it took me a good month or two to come to this conclusion.

I opened up my Facebook friends list, closed my eyes and clicked. I landed on an old friend by the name of Kingsley Shabay. He kinda blew up after high school, which is something I can appreciate more than others. I'm always hesitant when to comes to talking to people I don't usually talk to (seems to be most people these days) but hey, if you don't ask, you'll never receive so, just a shot in the dark, I prompted a conversation with him and now, we're meeting up tomorrow to catch up over a gym session in Oxley. It amazes me how easy it is to get what you want, it amazes me even more when I see people who don't even attempt to go for the things they crave, it frustrates me more like.

I did what I always do on my day off. Drove to Inala to get something to eat early afternoon and who should I run into then David Nguyen. He had just came back from Sydney the day before and I took this chance to kick it with him a little. That "little" turned into quite a lot. I ended up driving him to his house where I chilled in his room. He told me the phoneshop he owned is closing for good and right there, ended a chapter of my life. So much of my high school hours were spent in that shop and knowing that it's gone now has left a small hole in my soul somewhere but I suppose this is something I should get used to. Not everything stays the same, and if it does, it doesn't for long. It was good to see him again though. He was one of the few I genuinely didn't mind hanging around but that was probably just because we rarely hung out and liked it that way.

Nothin On My Mind (Bearson Remix) - astronomyy 

No comments:

Post a Comment